Wednesday 6 May 2009

france.

IMHIW is now available in France through Volvox, here is a review we received yesterday (can't remember who from) its been very kindly translated for us as we aren't too hot at french.


Good bands out of England have been few and far between recently, don’t you find? Which is why when you find one, you make a lot of noise about them! The Race is one of those groups who created a buzz on the other side of the channel even before their first album was recorded. Barely two years later and the spirits appeased, the group is back with a second album, In My Head It Works, on a par with their reputation.

The group keeps a steady course, offering an album with a long shadow, multi-faceted, with varying rhythms. It was Summer that grabbed most of my attention during the first few listens. Whether in the vocals or the guitars, this song guides us towards the influences that perhaps stayed with us from the 90s (Dinosaur Jr, Afghan Whigs…) . The group’s talent is also equally notable both in the composition of the melodies and the richness of the sound. And they are able to alternate rhythms and atmospheres, to prevent In My Head It Works from becoming an insipid or stodgy album. Racing Car Game or Give Me Your Bible were also good for a few replays, with their noisy, whirling guitars in the style of My Bloody Valentine and the turbulent, mad vocals again.
Pretty damn impressive, all that!Yes, you guessed, it, if there’s one real rock album you should listen to now, then it’s The Race, In My Head It Works !As for me, I’m pretty hard pressed to part with it since a few days ago. It’s a real obsession! Apparently, it’s working on my head as well!Without doubt the finest surprise in this style since the first Bloc Party album.


9/10

1 comment:

daniel john said...

I have been to france in 2006. I feel much enjoy ever before. Now i think that i am wasting my vacation here. I have to go back to france.
Term paper